Deerfield — Monument Church
Extracted from "History of the Connecticut Valley in Massachusetts, Volume II," by Louis H. Everts, 1879.
A serious difficulty arising in the community at Bloody Brook, a party seceded from the Second Church, and organized the "Monument Church," Jan. 25, 1849.
Rev. David A. Strong was born at Haddam, Conn., in 1820; graduated at Williams College in 1845; at the Theological Institute of Windsor, Conn., in 1843; was ordained first pastor March 21, 1849. This church reunited with the Second Church, Sept. 26, 1865, and Mr. Strong was dismissed. He was a representative to the General Court from District No. 4 in 1866.
The Methodist Society at Bloody Brook was organized in 1843.
These pages are © Laurel O'Donnell, 2005, all rights reserved
and cannot be reproduced in any format without permission
This page was last updated on
03 Aug 2005